Read Our Studio Policies
- I am unable to give makeup lessons or reschedule if students are sick or otherwise unable to attend. I am teaching full-time and my schedule is very demanding.
- If the teacher has to cancel due to last minute emergency reasons or illness, the student will receive a makeup lesson at a mutually agreed upon time.
- Payment for lessons is due in cash or via e-mail transfer 2 days before the start of each month. Discounts are offered for students who choose to pay for a whole semester or year of lessons.
- Students must ask the teacher for permission to register for the Royal Conservatory exams. This is not to be done without the teacher’s consent.
- If you wish to terminate lessons, please provide two month’s advance notice in writing, or one month’s payment in lieu of notice.
- Please let me know about absences 2 weeks in advance if possible. Again, makeups will not be possible.
- If you wish to switch your lesson time with another student on the same day, please go ahead and simply let me know by email: email@example.com
- I reserve the right to take 48 hours to reply to business-related emails and phone calls.
Rates as of July 1, 2020:
- My rate for 45 minutes is $53
- My rate for 60 minutes is $67
- We can discuss a discount if you wish to pay for the entire term
STUDIO POLICY – Student expectations
- Students are expected to come prepared to lessons having practiced and with all necessary materials.
- Students in the first 2 years of piano studies, must practise 20 minutes per day, 5 times a week. It is strongly advised that parents sit with the child while practising during this stage of development.
- Students in RCM Levels 1-4, must practice 35 minutes per day, 5 times a week.
- Students in RCM Levels 5-8, must practice 60 minutes per day, 5 times a week.
- Theory students are expected to complete their homework prior to the lesson and come prepared with all necessary texts and materials.
STUDIO POLICY – Use of space and student safety
- Students and family members must remove their shoes and leave them outside of the studio before entering.
- Please arrive on time for your lesson.
- Lessons end at the scheduled time due to the busy timetable at Kitsilano Piano Studio.
- Parents are expected to pick their children up on time from lessons.